Class Update: Mystics
«It’s all a matter of Stance» (Mystic Dune Monia)
CLASS PASSIVE: Vitality: The Mystic’s healing spells increase Arcane Affinity by up to 38%. Whenever targeting their allies, Mystics will apply Vitality, which is a beneficial effect stacking up to 2 times, granting 19+19% increased Arcane Affinity, affecting all healing received from Mystics. It will only last for 2 turns, but it can be refreshed continuously. While other passive abilities, like Holy Aegis, that you might be familiar with, or Endurance, only have about 50% chance to proc, Vitality is always granted by all of the Mystic’s heals, except Quietude (All Ranks).
Mystics are given 2 Stances and the possibility to switch between the two:
- Combat Stance (Status) will enhance Strength (+20%) and decrease both Intellect (-60%) and Spirit (-70%).
- Restoration Stance (Status) will increase Intellect (+15%) and Spirit (+30%), while severely decreasing Strength (-80%).
Both Combat Stance (Ability) and Restoration Stance (Ability) have no cost whatsoever and a base cool-down of 2 Turns. When a Stance is selected, Mystics will benefit from it until out of combat again, unless they pass out, or unless they willingly change one with the other, in which case the former Stance will be cancelled automatically by the latter.
- The reason why Mystics’ passive ability only affect part of their abilities – their healing spells – is that I wanted Mystics to be mainly a healing class.
NOTE ON ABILITIES: depending on their active Stance, Mystics will be able to select some abilities rather than others. Mystics are designed to be fairly decent both at healing and damaging their opponents, but their stats will be rather low to begin with. As much as players might increase Intellect, Spirit or Strength with Talent Points, I don’t see Mystics solo-healing for any encounter.
- I used Item/Equipment/Skill Conditions (Modern Algebra & Tsunokiette) to set the condition.
ABILITIES SELECTABLE UNDER RESTORATION STANCE:
- Rejuvenate (Rank I, II, III): heals one ally for
7.21/9.89/14.10 * 8/7/6% Mana and another 6% HP over 3 Turns; CD: 2/2/2 Turns. Estimated healing output at L. 50: 2,307/2,769/3,384 (+6% HP).
- Renewal (Rank I, II, III): heals one ally for 5.74/7.37/9.70 * 15/14/13% Mana and another 12% HP over 3 Turns; CD: 3/3/3 Turns. Estimated healing output at L. 50: 3,441/4,129/5,046 (+12% HP).
- Arcane Remedy (No Ranks, 18% Mana) (Old!): recovers 19% HP and another 24% over 3 Turns (One Ally); CD: 4 Turns. Considering 30,800 HP, Arcane Remedy will immediately recover 5,852 HP and another (2,464*3)=7,392 over 3 Turns.
- Quietude (Rank I, II, III) (Old!): heals one ally for 5.97/7.71/10.20 *28/26/24% Mana. Removes all of the Mystic’s effects. CD: 5/5/5 Turns. Estimated healing output at L. 50: 6,686/8,023/9,806 HP. Quietude will remove, if present, all Mystic-related beneficial effects from the target: Vitality, Rejuvenate, Renewal and Arcane Remedy. The presence of these effects on the target has no influence at all on Quietude’s healing output: they are just removed. However, Quietude will benefit from Vitality before removing it, healing one ally for up to 27,065 HP (if @critical). Quietude has an increased 25% chance to critically hit.
- Consecration OD: grants Rejuvenate, Renewal and Arcane Remedy + Vitality (One Ally). Consecration OD also heals the target for 18.02 * 7% Mana = estimated healing output at L. 50: 5,046 HP. This Overdrive ability is pretty powerful, because of the healing over time granted by these effects together (which adds up to
6+12+24%=42% HP healed over 3 turns). Also, once applied, all these effects cannot be removed – unless the target passes out – but they can be refreshed.
ABILITIES SELECTABLE UNDER COMBAT STANCE:
- Rupture (Rank I, II, III): deals damage scaling off 139/167/204% Strength (2 Random Enemies), cost: 9/8/7% current Mana. CD: 3/3/3 Turns.
- Punishment (Rank I, II, III): hits twice the same opponent, dealing true damage scaling off 153/184/225% Strength (One Enemy Twice), cost: 13/12/111% current Mana. CD: 4/4/4 Turns.
- Arcane Volley (Rank I, II, III): hits all opponents dealing damage scaling off 118/142/174% Strength (All Enemies), cost: 23/22/21% current Mana. CD: 6/6/5 Turns.
OTHER ABILITIES (SELECTABLE UNDER ANY STANCE/NO STANCE):
- Double Attack (No Ranks): randomly damages either twice the same opponent, or once two enemies, dealing roughly 95% physical damage * 2. CD: 3 Turns.
- Raging Blow (No Ranks): leads an attack made of three hits randomly damaging the opponents, dealing roughly 90% physical damage * 3. CD: 5 Turns.
- Mana Well (Rank I, II, III): restores an amount of Mana scaling off 76/92/112% Spirit (One Ally/One Ally/All Allies).
- Mana Restoration (Rank I, II, III): restores an amount of Mana scaling off 122/146/179% Spirit (The User). Also grants Concentration Status, restoring another 24% MP over 2 Turns (Status is cancelled upon taking damage).
- Mahotora (No Ranks): absorbs 14% MP from one enemy (no cost; CD: 4 Turns).
- Meditation (No Cost, the User): refreshes all cool-downs and reduces Aggro/Threat. Does not refresh itself.
- Wind Resistance (No Ranks): increases Wind Resistance (All Allies; 2 Turns). The resistance is taken up a level. (From A to B, from B to C, and so on, going from 100% vulnerability towards 100% affinity).
- Earth Resistance (No Ranks): increases Earth Resistance (All Allies, 2 Turns). Same as above.
- Zameha (No Ranks; 14% Mana, 2-Turn CD), Kiarī (II; 11% Mana, 3-Turn CD),Kiariku (No Ranks; 11% Mana, 2-Turn CD), Shanaku (No Ranks; 19% Mana, 3-Turn CD): these are common dispels, dispelling Sleep Status, Poision+Blind Status, Paralyse+Stun Status and all Status ailments.
- Zaoriku (No Ranks; 18% Mana, 2-Turn CD): revives one ally at 63% HP (Also In Combat).
- Rebirth OD: the Mystic will rise again once incapacitated (The User; no cost). Under this Status () the Mystic will be automatically revived at 53% HP upon receiving fatal damage. The Status naturally wears off after 5 Turns, or when leaving combat.
- Frenzy OD: swings for 206% weapon damage, scaling off Strength.
FINAL TIPS ON MYSTICS:
- As healers, Mystics have at least 2 options: they can either focus one target continuously, refreshing all their beneficial effects, granting health regeneration and Vitality, or they can switch targets, granting everyone in their party some health regeneration, casting mainly Renewal. When focussing one target, two healing spells are enough to grant enough health regeneration over time and keep 2 stacks of Vitality up.
- Quietude (All Ranks) can be used both as an emergency heal, or a sort-of finishing move. If Mystics manage to build 2 stacks of Vitality on their target and keep them refreshed, Quietude will easily heal for over 27,065 HP. Even without Vitality, however, Quietude (All Ranks) will be viable (with 19,612 HP healed).
- Consecration OD’s use is situational, but I would recommend casting it on targets other than the Mystics’ main focus. This is the closest Mystics can get to AOE healing. I would not recommend casting Quietude (All Ranks) on the same target of Consecration OD: that would not be very smart. Here’s a few EXAMPLES:
- The Mystic is healing target A, leaving Consecration OD up for target B, and casting Quietude either on target A as an emergency heal, or on target C.
- The Mystic is healing target A, B and C (one per turn), granting them all some health regeneration and at least 1 stack of Vitality, choosing spells depending on the damage taken, and saving both Quietude and Consecration OD for emergency heals.
PROS AND CONS:
- Mystics are the most powerful class in healing over time.
- Regardless of their Intellect, Spirit or Strength, they can still rely on Stances to overcome their weaknesses.
- Depending on the encounter, they can always prove themselves useful in a way or another.
- All of their class-related abilities depend on their active Stance.
- Whenever they are revived, they will need one more turn to activate a Stance, and then be ready to take action. Switching Stances will always take one turn.
- Mystics cannot dispel Confusion with Kiararu.
- As a secondary supporting class, Mystics will find it harder to excel at anything.
DISCLAIMER: all of the icons published within this post were either original or edits. It would be best if you PM’ed me before using them, just to be sure that you credit the right people. Thank you.